Calgary Alberta native, Jim Fenn approach Armor Inc. one day and explained how wanted to upgrade his, all ready tricked out, 2008 Sleeper Chevy/GMC Duramax 2500HD. He was looking to amp his current horsepower to at least 650HP to withstand everyday use, but also handle towing and beat any competition trucks that challenge him to a race.
Jim was looking to install triple turbos, so that the engine will move enough air that the EGT’s would not be a problem. Armor Inc. was ready to make this happen and was ready to get the ball rolling with help from Trent Nell of Extreme Prejudice Racing. Since this was a first of its kind at Armor Inc. installing turbos on a Duramax our staff took the time and added patience to make everything work smoothly. The tuning was provided by Jim’s good friend, Chad McGregor he had extensive knowledge when it came to working with a EFI Live tuner. After some fine tuning and a couple mile stretch to test out the triple turbos the Duramax took off with TON of wide open throttle, the Duramax dailed in over 600 RWHP! After this Jim’s truck only saw the competition in the rear-view mirror.
- PPE lift pump PPE fuel race valve
- Primary turbo-66mm VGT by Danville Performance
- Base triple turbo kit by Extreme Prejudice Racing
- EFI Live tuning by Chad McGregor
- Banks intercooler tube
- NADP Heavy Hauler/Race series transmission and torque converter
- DMAX Kryptonite series Tie Rods
- Cognito Pitman/Idler support kit
- MBRP dual exhaust
- Panther 20" wheels and Nitto Terra Grapler tires
- BD drivers side exhaust manifold
- Autometer Boost and Pyrometer gauges